Monday, July 8, 2013

Just Hose Out The Car

Well, it's been a while since I posted here.  And a TV commercial inspired this one.

I'm watching TV, minding my own business, muting all the ads for an appalling range of drugs, and all of the sudden, I get sucked into an ad for a floor mat company.   It's a sneaky commercial, with cute little kids in the back seat of an upscale car.  Then there are images of laser devices measuring floor dimensions intermingled with shots of the cute kids dropping food and assorted other trash on the floor of the upscale car.   And mom is smiling.   A lot.

After a half a minute, I'm not sure what is being advertised.  Is it a car?   Is it some sort of sound system?  Kids with some newly discovered medical inability to hang onto stuff? 

It's a floor mat company (which I refuse to identify based on the fact that the ad made me angry).   The ad ends with the smiling mom hauling the custom made (and undoubtedly expensive) mats out of the car to hose them off.

So the message is it's easier to hose out your car than to teach your children to not be pigs and drop all their garbage on the floor of the car.  And that's what made me angry.


1 comment:

Robin said...

Write the company ans suggest they do an up-date on this add showing the kids as obese, slovenly teenagers doing the same thing again. They could titile it "****-mats" For Parents who want to raise slobs!